Cleveland Colectivo Announces the 2012 Funding Cycle
Do you need a jolt of inspiration? a reminder about the creative minds working hard to build Cleveland? a way to support innovative projects?
Join us for our first ever fast pitch presentation night. Instead of a written first application, the Cleveland Colectivo is trying something new this year. On Thursday, February 23, from 6-8:30pm, we'll be hosting an event to identify finalists for 2012 grant funding at Shaker Launch House, 3558 Lee Road, Shaker Heights, Ohio 44120.
For a suggested $5 donation at the door, you will get a vote to determine who the Cleveland Colectivo will invite to submit a full application for funding. The winner of the vote will receive the donations collected that night with a Cleveland Colectivo match and be automatically invited to join round two which includes a written application and a Q&A session with Colectivo members.
Do you have an idea you'd like to submit? Please review the presentation instructions below and then meet us there!
Cleveland Colectivo 2012 Project Presentation Instructions
Do you have an innovative idea to make Cleveland even better than it already is? Do you need a small grant to make it happen?
We invite you to share it with us on Thursday, February 23, at our fast pitch presentation event at Shaker Launch House, 3558 Lee Road, from 6-8:30pm. Here are the rules:
- Sign-up for a presentation slot will be first come, first served, beginning at 6pm. We have time to accept the first thirty project ideas. Depending on the number of people interested in presenting, we may schedule a second evening of presentations. However, sign-ups will close by 6:30pm on February 23.
- Each presenter will be assigned a number and must present in that order – number one will be our first presentation and number thirty our last.
- Each presenter will have two minutes to pitch their project idea to the crowd. A timekeeper will stop you at the two minute time limit. You can use that time as you like, but we recommend including the following information:
- A concise project name to be listed for the audience vote.
- A one sentence “elevator speech” about your project, plan or idea that includes: who will do what, when they will do it, where, and how.
- Why are you doing it? Explain what the need or opportunity is, what you and other people involved bring to the table, and how this project will create “real, lasting change”in the community. Projects must be based in Cleveland or the inner-ring suburbs.
- The full amount requested and whether your project will work with partial funding. Cleveland Colectivo grants range from $500 to $5,000, with an average grant size about $1,800. Please keep in mind that if you are selected for funding, you may receive partial funding.
- We encourage you to be creative in your presentation, but audio-visual equipment will not be available or permitted as part of your presentation.
- The audience will get to vote that night for one winner who will receive the donations collected that night and be automatically invited to join round two which includes a written application and a Q&A session with Colectivo members.
- Members of the Cleveland Colectivo will select additional projects invited to partipate in round two. Projects that are invited to submit an application will have one month to complete a full application and participate in the Q&A session.
- Funding for grant recipients will be distributed by May of 2012. Please ensure your project idea works with this timeline.
Questions? Concerns? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.